Saturday, December 30, 2017

Product Review: Lunker City "Slug-Go"




Company Description: This is the lure that started a revolution and a new category in fishing lures. The Slug-Go is the original lure that created a generation known as Soft Stick baits. By having a slender profile and erratic darting action this lure broke the boundaries and was the first to expose the effectiveness of having action that was imparted to be random in movement and not repetitive as all other lures before its time.

It was originally developed to be a bass lure but soon anglers around the world found the effectiveness of this design to catch all game fish both fresh and salt.

From the smallest 3" version to the 12" large model there is a size to adapt to your angling. From drop shotting to fishing the sea.

Review: The slug-go is a bait that has had a spot in my tackle box since I was a kid.  The first time I had seen the slug-go was on a saturday morning, when I was around 8 years old, watching Bill Dance Outdoors on tv. I remember being mesmerized by how many bass Bill Dance caught on this bait, as a result I had to have some.  Especially since at that time largemouth bass were by far the hardest fish for me to catch and obviously these magic baits would catch buckets full.

So with my mind made up I ran to the room to get my mom and began my petition for her to purchase me a pack of sluggos.  Well, it didn't take much convincing to get her to purchase me a pack but we'd soon find out that we had one problem, at that time sluggos were mail or phone order only.  So my mom helped me place my order and a week later I was in my first package of sluggos.

That was almost 30 years ago and I've always kept at least one package of slug-gos in my tackle box sense.  Why?  Because they catch everything from bluegill to bluefish.

Sizes: 3 inch, 4 inch, 4.5 inch, 6 inch, 7.5 inch, 9 inch, and 12 inch

Colors: 61 colors available, both in standard weight and sinking slug-gos


Recommended Tackle:

  • Hooks: Worm hooks, Extra wide gap worm hooks
  • Jigs: Darter head jigs, walleye head jigs & bullet head jigs
  • Nail Weights

Quick Tip: For 3 inch and 4 inch sluggos use small screw locks through the nose then hook the screw lock with a appropriately sized octopus hook. By nose hooking the smaller slug-gos you're gonna get the full action from the bait without inhibiting hook ups.

Price: $5.99 to $14.99

Quick Tip: When fishing below dams with heavy current for striper and hybrid striper. Use a popping cork set up with a white sluggo on a darter head jig to keep your bait suspended at the depth the fish are feeding at. Twitch your rod tip often and hang on for explosive bites.

Match the hatch:  Below are just of couple of the forage species that slug-gos imitate in the water.








2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...