Thursday, June 2, 2016

Special Delivery: Time To Tie Some Bucktail Jigs



Today my order of jigs came in from TJ's tackle. So I decided I'd show you all what I ordered earlier this week.  As well in a later post I'll take the time to walk you through the steps of powder painting them.

Let's start with the jigs I purchased. They're sizes 1/4 oz. and 3/8 oz in a walleye style which means they're fish heads with a triangular shape.  As well they come with either a thin or thick wire hook, depending on what you'd prefer.  Lastly they  have a collar thats gapped in front of the keeper point which makes them perfect for tying bucktail jigs.

This year is the first year I've been tying bucktails on this style of hook and I love them.  I haven't gotten hung up on rocks as much as I have with round head jigs.  Not only that but because they have the lead keeper point they make perfect jig heads for soft minnow baits like the gulp alive minnows.  In fact I'll be using 1/8 oz walley jigs combined with gulp alive minnows for crappie this summer and fall. Below are some images of the jig heads before and after powder paint has been applied.

Thanks for reading and tight lines!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...