- Premium silicone skirt gives more action than a soft plastic body.
- Fiber weedguard helps prevent line from being cut like it can on wire guards.
- Inverted line tie on the upper part of head helps keep line from being frayed on rocks.
- Snagless/weedless head design helps prevent jig from getting wedged in rocks.
- Quality construction and premium hooks
Review: The Bitsy Bug is one of those baits that I keep in my tackle bag. I have them in every color and multiples in every size. I've been lucky enough to catch so many fish on them that They've proven their worth to me in a big way. The fact that they're very pretty snagless is what made me
start using them a few springs ago. But what I learned that made me keep buying them is that as the bass beat them up making them look less uniform the more bites I get. The hooks are stout and sharp as a result they don't require you to set the hook with extreme force in order to catch a fish. I personally don't even use any special equipment when using bitsy bugs. My preference is just an 6 foot ugly stick (because I'm usually fishing from a float tube or kayak) paired with a low gear ratio spinning reel.
Pros: Comes in weights ranging from 1/16 oz to 1/4 oz as well as having a decent range of colors. The best thing about this jig is the price.