Company Description: The Bitsy Bug Jig has a snagless/weedless head design that helps to prevent the jig from getting wedged in the rocky bottom. The Bitsy Bug also features an inverted line tie on top of the jig head to protect your line from getting chewed up by rocks and other obstructions.
- Premium silicone skirt gives more action than a soft plastic body.
- Fiber weedguard helps prevent line from being cut like it can on wire guards.
- Inverted line tie on the upper part of head helps keep line from being frayed on rocks.
- Snagless/weedless head design helps prevent jig from getting wedged in rocks.
- Quality construction and premium hooks
Review: The Bitsy Bug is one of those baits that I keep in my tackle bag. I have them in every color and multiples in every size. I've been lucky enough to catch so many fish on them that They've proven their worth to me in a big way. The fact that they're very pretty snagless is what made me
start using them a few springs ago. But what I learned that made me keep buying them is that as the bass beat them up making them look less uniform the more bites I get. The hooks are stout and sharp as a result they don't require you to set the hook with extreme force in order to catch a fish. I personally don't even use any special equipment when using bitsy bugs. My preference is just an 6 foot ugly stick (because I'm usually fishing from a float tube or kayak) paired with a low gear ratio spinning reel.
Pros: Comes in weights ranging from 1/16 oz to 1/4 oz as well as having a decent range of colors. The best thing about this jig is the price.